Interior Design Summer School
12th July to 18th July 2020
Do you want to learn and practice some of the essential skills needed to be a professional interior designer?
Do you want to discover some of the research techniques and methods to read spaces to generate innovative spatial concepts? Do you want to learn how to present and visualise ideas in a compelling way, using some of the latest technologies?
Join us in our international summer school, a one-week intensive course with a mix of inspiring speakers, creative exercises and fun practical workshops. With this course you will advance your key knowledge and skills in interior theory and design, concept making and presentation skills.
- A welcome event and tours of Lincoln’s galleries, museums, Lincoln Castle and Lincoln Cathedral.
- Access to industry standard design tools such photogrammetry and 3D modelling.
- Workshops developing skills in visual research, using specialist methods and advanced conceptualisation.
- Application preparation for postgraduate study including MA: Interior Architecture and Design programme, subject to requirements.
- A mix of inspiring speakers, creative exercises and fun practical workshops.
- A presentation of certificates of attendance followed by a farewell gala dinner.
Why choose Lincoln
Lincoln is an ideal city in which to study interior design as the response to existing buildings. As an urban campus in a small and compact city, students have the benefit of easy access to the historic centre with its many amenities.
Lincoln is ranked 17th overall in the UK, in The Guardian University Guide 2020, and is a top 50 UK university in the Complete University Guide 2020.
- Collaborate with interior design professionals to generate cutting-edge design concepts.
- Conduct context analysis through an approach which considers time and place characteristics.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of key concepts, current debates, and theoretical contexts applicable in interior design research.
- Access, evaluate, generate, and synthesise design information, in order to apply design thinking to real-world problems.
- Develop knowledge and vocabulary and integrate it in a cohesive design proposal.
Who should attend
The Summer School is open to students who want to apply for postgraduate interior studies in the UK, who feel they need to develop their critical and practical design skills to improve their portfolio and application. It will also suit recent interior graduates or interior designers engaged concept development, who wish to broaden their current portfolio.
DownloadsUol 2020 Summer School Poster Int And Arch Terms And Conditions International Summer School 2020
|Dates:||12th to 18th July 2020|
|Fees:||£600 with accommodation, without accommodation £430|
The Summer School fee is £600 with accommodation and £430 without accommodation. For group discounts of 8 or more please contact email@example.com
Fees for all students include accommodation, breakfast and mid-day lunch, course materials, use of specialist digital fabrication facilities and a end of school gala buffet. We do not normally provide evening meals, as this is an opportunity for students to explore the many places to eat in Lincoln that will suit a variety of budgets and dietary requirements.
With accommodation option includes breakfast and lunch Monday to Friday and you must be over 18 years of age on the day the summer school commences.
Without accommodation option includes lunch from Monday to Friday and you must be over 16 years of age on the day the summer school commences.
All fees must be paid in full by Monday 18th May, 2020.
Fees do not include flights, airport transfers or visa costs. Please allow plenty of time to apply for your visa.
All courses are taught in English, we expect you will have a minimum level of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.