Filmmaking International Summer School
Lincoln School of Film & Media
The Lincoln School of Film and Media is ranked in the top 20 in the UK by The Guardian University Guide 2016. The School has strong links with influential media, film and animation organisations including the BBC, Panasonic, Microsoft, BAFTA, Royal Television Society and the British Film Institute
The 2019 Filmmaking Summer School. Do you want to learn from experienced academics and professionals how to make a short fictional film? Join our Summer School where you will have access to specialised equipment and get expert, professional tuition in development, producing, directing, cinematography, sound and post-production. You will have the opportunity to have a film production credit on your CV and the chance to develop skills to make your own films in future.
- Field trips to a selection of locations
- Practical workshops on development, script writing, directing, camera, lighting, sound and editing, all delivered by industry professionals
- You will have the opportunity to leave with a production credit on at least one short film, using high-end cameras and post-production equipment
- The opportunity to take part in tours of Lincoln’s galleries, museums, Lincoln Castle and the Cathedral
- A show-reel DVD of Summer School work for you to take away
- A certificate of attendance presented to all those that complete this year’s Summer School
Why choose Lincoln
- You will be taught by industry professionals and experienced academics.
- Film and Television is one of the University’s Film, TV and Audio Production courses ranked in the top 20 in the UK according to The Guardian University Guide 2016.
- The school has strong links with influential media and film organisations including the BBC, Panasonic, Microsoft, BAFTA, the Royal Television Society and the British Film Institute.
- We are located on the Brayford waterfront in the heart of one of the world’s great historic cathedral cities, where ancient architecture blends seamlessly with modern living. Lincoln is home to one of only four surviving copies of the Magna Carta, which dates back to 1215.
- The City of Lincoln has been used a number of times for the production of feature films such as Possession, The Young Victoria and The Da Vinci Code.
The University of Lincoln was awarded Gold – the highest standard possible - in the national Teaching Excellence Framework, an independent assessment of teaching quality in UK higher education. The award reflects our exciting teaching, great support for students and excellent employment outcomes. Lincoln is ranked 22nd in The Guardian University Guide 2019 and 43rd in The Complete University Guide 2019. The institution is known for a pioneering approach to working with employers, which has been recognised with a Lord Stafford Award and Times Higher Education Award. In the National Student Survey 2018, students ranked Lincoln 8th in the UK for overall student satisfaction with several of our courses placed number one overall for their subject areas. Among our most recent graduates, 96 per cent were in work or further study six months after finishing their course, with more than 80 per cent in graduate level roles. More than half of our research is judged to be internationally excellent or world leading (Research Excellence Framework).
- Begin to structure the development of ideas within a practical context
- Develop an understanding of professional screenplay format
- Develop an understanding of the creative and logistical processes of preproduction
- Employ creative strategies to produce original work
- Begin to demonstrate skills in and knowledge of technical processes and procedures in the fiction form
- Work well as a member of a team and apply group management skills
Who should attend
The summer school will suit students who are about to take undergraduate or postgraduate courses in film or media production at university and professionals who want to add filmmaking to their skills or anyone who wants to learn how to make a film
DownloadsTerms And Conditions International Summer School 2019
|Dates:||30th June - 12th July 2019|
|Fees:||With accommodation £1,495, without accommodation £995|
The Summer School fee is £1,495 with accommodation and £995 without accommodation. For group discounts of 8 or more please contact email@example.com
Fees for all students include course materials, use of specialist filming equipment and facilities, field trips, a welcome event, end of school gala buffet and lunch from Monday to Friday. We do not normally provide evening meals, as this is an opportunity for students to explore the many places to eat in Lincoln that will suit a variety of budgets and dietary requirements.
With accommodation option includes breakfast and lunch Monday to Friday and you must be over 18 years of age on the day the summer school commences.
Without accommodation option includes lunch from Monday to Friday and you must be over 16 years of age on the day the summer school commences.
All fees must be paid in full by Monday 20th May, 2019.
Fees do not include flights, airport transfers or visa costs. Please allow plenty of time to apply for your visa.
All courses are taught in English, we expect you will have a minimum level of IELTS 5.0 or equivalent.