Architecture International Summer School
Lincoln School of Architecture and the Built Environment
The School of Architecture and the Built Environment is sited in a purpose-built facility designed by the world-renowned architect Rick Mather. All professional courses in Architecture are validated by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and prescribed by the Architects Registration Board (ARB). The BARCH and MArch professional courses in Architecture are validated and recognised by the Board of Architects Malaysia (LAM).
Do you want to learn from leading professionals in the building industry how to communicate your design ideas? Do you want to be in the front row to witness how drones and 3D scanners are changing the process of architectural design? Do you want to build up an eye-catching portfolio for your application of further education in architecture? Join us in our international summer school, a two-week intensive course in which you will advance your key knowledge and skills in architectural theory and design, model making, presentation as well as engaging with students and tutors from all around the world.
- A welcome event and tours of Lincoln’s galleries, museums, Lincoln Castle and Lincoln Cathedral.
- Access to state of the art design tools such as drone surveying, 3D printing and 3D scanning
- Workshops developing skills in sculpture making, digital presentation BIM software, Parametric design
- CV and portfolio clinic with mock interviews for BArch and MArch application
- Application preparation for postgraduate study including MArch RIBA Part 2 programme, subject to requirements.
- Field trips to London and UCL Bartlett degree show
- A presentation of certificates of attendance followed by a farewell gala dinner
Why choose Lincoln
Lincoln is an ideal city in which to study architecture and the built environment. As an urban campus in a small and compact city, students have the benefit of easy access to the historic centre with its many amenities.
All professional courses in Architecture are validated by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and prescribed by the Architects Registration Board (ARB).
BArch and MArch professional courses in Architecture are validated and recognised by the Board of Architects Malaysia. (LAM)
- Demonstrate an understanding of critical design practices and articulate a clear rationale for a particular approach towards a design project.
- Develop and creatively apply appropriate strategies, techniques and methods of communicating the conceptual aspects of a design project through creative use and experimentation of a range of visual media.
- Demonstrate methodical rigour and imagination in the creative exploration of design ideas.
- Engage in critical discussion and debate with staff and peers about their own work and the work of others and contribute to and present group research
Who should attend
The Summer School is open to students who want to apply for undergraduate or postgraduate architectural studies in the UK and feel they need to develop their critical and practical design skills to improve their portfolio and application. It will also suit students currently engaged in postgraduate sudy, or on a Part 1 placement position who wish to broaden their current portfolio.
|Dates:||30 June - 13 July 2019|
|Fees:||£1,495 with accommodation and £995 without accommodation.|
The Summer School fee is £1,495 with accommodation and £995 without accommodation. For group discounts of 8 or more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees for all students include course materials, use of specialist digital fabrication facilities, field trips, a welcome event, end of school gala buffet and lunch from Monday to Friday. We do not normally provide evening meals, as this is an opportunity for students to explore the many places to eat in Lincoln that will suit a variety of budgets and dietary requirements.
With accommodation option includes breakfast and lunch Monday to Friday and you must be over 18 years of age on the day the summer school commences.
Without accommodation option includes lunch from Monday to Friday and you must be over 16 years of age on the day the summer school commences.
All fees must be paid in full by Monday 20th May 2019..
Fees do not include flights, airport transfers or visa costs. Please allow plenty of time to apply for your visa.
All courses are taught in English, we expect you will have a minimum level of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.