Architecture Summer School
12th July to 18th July 2020
The School of Architecture and the Built Environment is sited in a purpose-built facility designed by the world-renowned architect Rick Mather. All professional courses in Architecture are validated by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and prescribed by the Architects Registration Board (ARB). The BARCH and MArch professional courses in Architecture are validated and recognised by the Board of Architects Malaysia (LAM).
How do architects respond to change to create meaningful and sustainable solutions that have a positive impact on society and environment? Do you want to learn how to communicate your design ideas guided by leading professionals in the built environment sector?
Do you want to witness first-hand how new digital technologies can enhance your creativity and improve the process of responsive architectural design?
Join us in our international summer school, a one-week intensive course where you'll advance your key knowledge and skills in a range of architectural theories and design, as well as engage with students and tutors from around the world.
- Access to industry-standard design tools such as building scanning, virtual walk through and 3D printing and CNC manufacture.
- Workshops developing digital design and make skills including BIM.
- CV and portfolio clinic with mock interviews for BArch and MArch application.
- Application preparation for postgraduate study including MArch RIBA Part 2 programme, subject to requirements.
- Certificates of Attendance followed by a farewell gala buffet.
Why choose Lincoln
Lincoln is an ideal city in which to study architecture and the built environment. As an urban campus in a small and compact city, students have the benefit of easy access to the historic centre with its many amenities.
All professional courses in Architecture are validated by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and prescribed by the Architects Registration Board (ARB).
BArch and MArch professional courses in Architecture are validated and recognised by the Board of Architects Malaysia. (LAM)
- Demonstrate an understanding of critical design practices, evaluate alternative methodologies and articulate a clear rationale for a particular approach towards a design proposal.
- Develop and creatively apply appropriate strategies, techniques and methods of communicating the visual / conceptual and technical aspects of a design project.
- Demonstrate the ability to visualise complex relationships through creative application of and experimentation with a range of media.
- Engage in critical discussion and debate with staff and peers about their own work and the work of others and contribute to and present group research.
Who should attend
The Summer School is open to students who want to apply for undergraduate or postgraduate architectural studies in the UK and feel they need to develop their critical and practical design skills to improve their portfolio and application. It will also suit students currently engaged in postgraduate study, or on a Part 1 placement position who wish to broaden their current portfolio.
DownloadsSummer School Architecture Poster One Week 2020 Summer School Architecture E Flyer One Week 2020 Terms And Conditions International Summer School 2020
|Dates:||12th to 18th July 2020|
|Fees:||£600 with accommodation, without accommodation £430.|
The Summer School fee is £600 with accommodation and £430 without accommodation. For group discounts of 8 or more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees for all students include accommodation, breakfast and mid-day lunch, course materials, use of specialist digital fabrication facilities and a end of school gala buffet. We do not normally provide evening meals, as this is an opportunity for students to explore the many places to eat in Lincoln that will suit a variety of budgets and dietary requirements.
With accommodation option includes breakfast and lunch Monday to Friday and you must be over 18 years of age on the day the summer school commences.
Without accommodation option includes lunch from Monday to Friday and you must be over 16 years of age on the day the summer school commences.
All fees must be paid in full by Monday 18th May, 2020.
Fees do not include flights, airport transfers or visa costs. Please allow plenty of time to apply for your visa.
All courses are taught in English, we expect you will have a minimum level of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.