Your personal information
The College of Arts is part of the University of Lincoln. We collect personal information about you when you use our website and complete our contact form. We use this information to monitor and improve our web site service, as well as responding to your enquiry and for our marketing activities. This notice explains more about how we use your personal information.
- What information we collect about you
- How we use your information
- Information we may share with other organisations
- Information processed abroad
- How long we keep your information
- Accessing your information and other rights
- How to object or withdraw consent
- How to contact us
- How to complain
What information we collect about you
If you wish to request further information or subscribe to our mail list we may collect the following information:
- Name, address, phone number and email address, university or school details.
If you apply for one of our courses we may collect the following information:
- Name, address, phone number and email address, university or school details, date of birth, parent’s name and parent’s phone number and parent’s email address.
If you are resident outside the EEA area, and apply for one of our courses, we may collect the following additional information:
- Passport information, including but not limited to biometric data and passport numbers, visa information.
We will also keep a record of any financial transaction you make with us, but we do not directly collect, process or store your debit or credit card information.
In addition we may automatically collect information such as IP address (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many individuals use our site, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular, and which pages are least popular. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live, it simply allows us to monitor and improve our web site service.
Keep your details up to date by contacting email@example.com or telephoning 01522 837426.
How we use your information
We will only use your information for in connection with specific activities, such as request for information, or enrolling on a course. The legal basis for processing this information is contract related matters.
If you have given consent that we can contact you with information about our short courses and summer schools we will send you communications about these activities. You will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from our email mailing list by clicking on the link in the email. The legal basis for processing this information is consent.
We are required legally to maintain a register of visa and passport information for students from outside the EEA area.
Information we may share with other organisations
LiNCHigher - Some of our courses are run in conjunction with LiNCHigher and data may be shared for monitoring purposes.
We use a number of suppliers who process personal information on our behalf. These include suppliers of software services. These act strictly on our instructions and must not use the information for their own purposes.
In exceptional circumstances we may be asked to share your information with police or other investigators if it would prevent or detect crime or safeguard a person’s wellbeing. Each instance will be judged on its own merit and any sharing of information will be done within the law.
Information processed abroad
None of the information you provide will be sent abroad.
How long we keep your information
We shall not keep your data for longer than is necessary for that purpose or purposes.
If you apply to join one of our courses we will retain your information until the end of the following Academic year that the course took place in (for example, if you attend our Documentary Production Summer School in 2019, we will retain your information until August 2020).
We will keep records of payments made for six years after the year in which your account is settled, under the Limitation Act 1980.
If you access additional University services these may keep a record of your contact and will provide you with details of how long they keep your information.
Accessing your information and other rights
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information. These include:
- Access - You have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of any of your information please contact the Information Compliance team on the details below. The team will process your request within a month.
- Portability - If you have provided information on the basis of your consent or for a contract then you can request a digital copy so you can send it to another organisation. To request a copy please contact the Information Compliance team on the details below. The team will process your request within a month.
- Correction - If any of the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete then please let us know. You have the right to have your information corrected so that we hold accurate records about you.
- Erasure - This is also known as the right to be forgotten. You can request that your personal information is erased if it is no longer necessary for the University to keep it, or you withdraw consent that you have previously provided, or you object and there is no overriding grounds to keep it or if it is unlawful to continue to keep it.
- Restriction - You can request that the use of your personal information is limited to storage only and that we use it for no other purpose. This applies where you contest the accuracy of the personal information we hold, or our use of the information is unlawful, or we no longer need the information except in relation to legal claims, or you object to the use of your data and we need to verify whether or not our purpose for keeping it overrides the grounds of your objection.
The Information Compliance team can be contacted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at: Information Compliance, Secretariat, University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS.
How to object or withdraw consent
If you object to our use of your personal information then we must stop unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for continuing. Please contact email@example.com and explain your objection.
If you have provided your consent for the use of your personal information then you can withdraw this consent at any time. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01522 837426. You can also unsubscribe from our emails following the link on the email.
How to contact us
For general enquiries please call 01522 882000 or write to University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS.
You can find contact details for individual teams and staff by visiting http://staff.lincoln.ac.uk.
If you have a query about your personal information rights then please contact the Information Compliance team by email on email@example.com or by post at Information Compliance, Secretariat, University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS.
How to complain
If you feel that we have let you down in relation to your information rights then please contact the Information Compliance team by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Information Compliance, Secretariat, University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS.
You can also make complaints directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the independent authority upholding information rights for the UK. Their website is ico.org.uk and their telephone helpline number is 0303 123 1113.