Acting and Stage Combat
School of Fine and Performing Arts
The School of Fine and Performing Arts is a centre of creativity with a purpose-built performance centre (LPAC), arts venue, studios and gallery. The School is home to a vibrant artistic community and maintains excellent links with national and international performance venues
This five day summer school provides an exciting opportunity to learn essential techniques for acting and stage combat. This includes practical sessions in hand-to hand and weapons combat. Students will learn some of the key performance skills with movement, improvisation and voice control and will have the opportunity to take a qualification in Unarmed Combat awarded by the examining body, The Academy of Performance Combat. The weeks training of physical and vocal skills will be combined into a performance exam which is a requirement for the Academy of Performance Combat exam.
- Practical tutorials and training in stage combat for stage and screen
- Mask work
- An introduction to the Actor’s body
- Basic mime
- Voice skills
- A qualification in Unarmed Combat awarded by the examining body, The Academy of Performance Combat
- A welcome event at the University
- A certificate of attendance presented to all those that complete the Summer School
Why choose Lincoln
The summer school will be based at the University of Lincoln in one of Europe’s most historic cathedral cities which, has been used as the backdrop of many films including: Possession, The Young Victoria and The Da Vinci Code.
Our summer school tutors are professional Musical Directors, Voice Coaches, Movement Advisors and Equity-Registered Fight Directors, who also teach in Drama Schools and Universities across the UK and Europe
- The practical sessions in stage combat aim to show and help explain how violence was used as a medium of storytelling and character development.
- Physical and vocal training aiming to a help the student gain an understanding of how the the body and voice work together on stage.
- Develop an understanding and confidence in the voice and movement and how it they are both applied on stage.
Who should attend
Students aged 16 and over aspiring to develop their performance and acting skills with a particular emphasis on the craft of stage combat. The summer school will suit students who are considering to take undergraduate or postgraduate courses in drama and performance studies at university.
DownloadsSummer Schools Flyer 2018 2018 Acting And Stage Combat Terms And Conditions 2018
The Summer School fee is £280 for the 5 days, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm and includes lunch and all course materials. The summer school is aimed at those aged 16+. This course does not include accommodation as standard.
SPECIAL OFFER: Should students wish to enrol on both the Contemporary Dance summer school and the Acting and Stage Combat summer school then the fee will reduce to £265 for each event.
All fees must be paid in full by Monday 21st May, 2018.
The University can provide accommodation if required at £45 per night but you must be over 18 years of age on the day the summer school commences. Breakfast is included from Monday to Friday.
For further details on accommodation click here.
All courses are taught in English, we expect you will have a minimum level of IELTS 5.0 or equivalent.