Drama Summer School: Stage and Screen Combat
School of Fine and Performing Arts
The School of Fine and Performing Arts is a centre of creativity with a purpose-built performance centre (LPAC), arts venue, studios and gallery. The School is home to a vibrant artistic community and maintains excellent links with national and international performance venues
The 2017 Drama Summer School provides an exciting opportunity to learn the techniques and skills of Stage and Screen Combat alongside performing open air scenes from some of Shakespeare’s most famous plays: Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, A Midsummer Night’s Dream in the historic surroundings of nearby Newark Castle.
- Practical workshops
- Stage Combat for stage and screen
- Basic vocal training for open air performance
- A qualification in Unarmed Combat awarded by the examining body The Academy of Performance Combat
- Field trips to historic drama venues
- A welcome event at the University
- A certificate of attendance presented to all those that complete this year’s Summer School
Why choose Lincoln
The summer school will be based at the University of Lincoln in one of Europe’s most historic cathedral cities which, has been used as the backdrop of many films including: Possession, The Young Victoria and The Da Vinci Code.
Our Summer School tutors are professional Musical Directors, Voice Coaches, Movement Advisors and Equity-Registered Fight Directors, who also teach in Drama Schools and Universities across the UK and Europe
- To help students understand the value of open air theatre in comparison to the differences of performing 'indoors'
- Aiming to understanding of the value of Shakespeare and the use of Shakespeare's text in an outdoor environment.
- The aim of Stage Combat during the course is to show and help explain how during Shakespeare's era violence was used as a medium of storytelling and character development.
- Voice training aims to help the student give an understanding of how the voice works and how important it is for an actor’s training and how it is applied to using speech on stage.
Who should attend
The summer school will suit students who are considering to take undergraduate or postgraduate courses in drama and performance studies at university.
DownloadsUol Drama Leaflet 2017 Summer School Drama Chinese Terms And Conditions
The Summer School fee is £1,200 with accommodation and £850 without accommodation. For group discounts of 8 or more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees for all students include course materials, use of specialist drama facilities, field trips, a welcome event, end of school gala buffet and lunch from Monday to Friday. We do not normally provide evening meals, as this is an opportunity for students to explore the many places to eat in Lincoln that will suit a variety of budgets and dietary requirements.
With accommodation option includes breakfast and lunch Monday to Friday and you must be over 18 years of age on the day the summer school commences.
Without accommodation option includes lunch from Monday to Friday and you must be over 16 years of age on the day the summer school commences.
All fees must be paid in full by Monday 15th May, 2017.
Fees do not include flights, airport transfers or visa costs. Please allow plenty of time to apply for your visa.