Digital Animation Summer School
Lincoln School of Film & Media
The Lincoln School of Film & Media is ranked in the top 20 in the UK by The Guardian University Guide 2016. The School has strong links with influential media, film and animation organisations including the BBC, Panasonic, Microsoft, BAFTA, Royal Television Society and the British Film Institute.
The 2017 Summer School for Digital Animation concentrates on the key aspects of design and production, including storyboards & narrative, digital design, 3D modelling and post production. If you always wanted to know how the professionals do it, then now is your chance. Not only will you have access to our specialised facilities, animation workshops and seminars delivered by industry guest speakers, you will also be actively involved in the production of a short animation project mentored by experts from the industry of animation.
- Participation in practical workshops
- Involvement in the production of at least one short animation project
- Field trip to London
- A welcome event at the University
- A certificate of attendance presented to all those that complete this year’s Summer School
- Develop an understanding of production pipelines specific to animation production.
- Develop an understanding of character design concepts specific to animation production.
- Develop an understanding of storyboarding for animation.
- Create basic props and environments for set construction in 3D animation.
- Create short 3D animations using pre-rigged characters.
- Presentation of work in the form of an online showreel.
Who should attend
This programme is aimed at animators, media professionals, film makers, and creative advertisers studying at undergraduate level
DownloadsUol Animation Leaflet 2017 Summer School Animation Chinese Terms And Conditions
The Summer School fee is £1,200 with accommodation and £850 without accommodation. For group discounts of 8 or more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees for all students include course materials, use of specialist computer animation facilities, field trip, a welcome event, end of school gala buffet and lunch from Monday to Friday. We do not normally provide evening meals, as this is an opportunity for students to explore the many places to eat in Lincoln that will suit a variety of budgets and dietary requirements.
With accommodation option includes breakfast and lunch Monday to Friday and you must be over 18 years of age on the day the summer school commences.
Without accommodation option includes lunch from Monday to Friday and you must be over 16 years of age on the day the summer school commences.
All fees must be paid in full by Monday 15th May, 2017.
Fees do not include flights, airport transfers or visa costs. Please allow plenty of time to apply for your visa.