Architecture Summer School
Lincoln School of Architecture and the Built Environment
The School of Architecture and the Built Environment is sited in a purpose-built facility designed by the world-renowned architect Rick Mather. All professional courses in Architecture are validated by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and prescribed by the Architects Registration Board (ARB). The BARCH and MArch professional courses in Architecture are validated and recognised by the Board of Architects Malaysia (LAM).
The 2018 Architecture Summer School introduces students to the intellectual and creative requirements of higher education and challenges perceptions of design theory and practice. It aims to provide students with an understanding of what is expected in terms of critical thinking and provides an overview of the tools required in representation of architectural projects. Students will have the opportunity to receive professional tuition and guidance in the completion of a short design project, from initial ideas generation through to the final presentation of work.
The course may also offer opportunities for suitable students to apply for the Master of Architecture RIBA Part 2 programme, subject to requirements.
- A welcome event and tours of Lincoln’s galleries, museums, Lincoln Castle and Lincoln Cathedral.
- Practical workshops using Auto CAD, Photoshop, laser cutting, 3D printing and 3D scanning
- CV and portfolio preparation with mock interviews
- Application preparation for postgraduate study including MArch RIBA Part 2 programme, subject to requirements.
- Field trips to London and Nottingham
- A presentation of certificates of attendance followed by a farewell gala dinner
Why choose Lincoln
Lincoln is an ideal city in which to study architecture and the built environment. As an urban campus in a small and compact city, students have the benefit of easy access to the historic centre with its many amenities.
All professional courses in Architecture are validated by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and prescribed by the Architects Registration Board (ARB).
BArch and MArch professional courses in Architecture are validated and recognised by the Board of Architects Malaysia. (LAM)
- Demonstrate an understanding of critical design practices and articulate a clear rationale for a particular approach towards a design project.
- Develop and creatively apply appropriate strategies, techniques and methods of communicating the conceptual aspects of a design project through creative use and experimentation of a range of visual media.
- Demonstrate methodical rigour and imagination in the creative exploration of design ideas.
- Engage in critical discussion and debate with staff and peers about their own work and the work of others and contribute to and present group research
Who should attend
The Summer School is open to students who want to apply for architectural studies in the UK and feel they need to develop their critical and practical design skills to improve their application portfolio. It will also suit students currently engaged in study who wish to broaden their current portfolio.
DownloadsTerms And Conditions 2018 Summer Schools Flyer 2018 2018 Architecture Summer School Flyer 2018 Chinese
The Summer School fee is £1,495 with accommodation and £995 without accommodation. For group discounts of 8 or more please contact email@example.com
EARLY BIRD! Book before the 1st March 2018 and the fee is £1,250 with accommodation and £850 without accommodation.
Fees for all students include course materials, use of specialist digital fabrication facilities, field trips, a welcome event, end of school gala buffet and lunch from Monday to Friday. We do not normally provide evening meals, as this is an opportunity for students to explore the many places to eat in Lincoln that will suit a variety of budgets and dietary requirements.
With accommodation option includes breakfast and lunch Monday to Friday and you must be over 18 years of age on the day the summer school commences.
Without accommodation option includes lunch from Monday to Friday and you must be over 16 years of age on the day the summer school commences.
All fees must be paid in full by Monday 21st May, 2018.
Fees do not include flights, airport transfers or visa costs. Please allow plenty of time to apply for your visa.
All courses are taught in English, we expect you will have a minimum level of IELTS 5.0 or equivalent.