Care of Metal Artefacts
Lincoln Conservation are specialists in the conservation and restoration of the interior and exterior features of historic buildings, artefacts, collections management, historic paint analysis and research.
This one day course combines lectures and workshops.
The course covers:
- Introduction to the chemical (corrosion) and physical deterioration of different metals
- Agents of deterioration including environmental conditions, their effects on metals and how these can be controlled
- Handling, packaging, display and storage for different metals, including micro-environments, archival packaging materials and support solutions.
- Explanation and demonstration of Oddy test
- Cleaning metal objects - what is dirt? Which materials/objects can be cleaned and when to contact a conservator
- Demonstration of X-ray and XRF, and tour of conservation facilities.
Who should attend
This course is designed for Museum Development in the East Midlands members
What you need to bringA notebook and pen, laptop or tablet device for note taking purposes.
Please fill in this form below and a course representative will be in touch as soon as possible.